Wedding Lighting at Bix Manor
Bix Manor is a stunning 17th century brick & flint barn in Oxfordshire. The beams in the barn are perfect for suspending a lighting display overhead which can be augmented with LED uplighting around the walls.
Suitable lighting options include fairy lights, festoons, chandeliers, Edison bulbs and uplighting.
The barn has a large fan, dividing curtains and several powerful gas heaters on the beams, so we designed a canopy specifically to work with these features to ensure that their use is not restricted while the canopy is in place.
The fairy lights are very bright and are connected to easy-to-use dimmers so that the light level can be turned down as required in the evening.
They give a warm, sophisticated glow during the wedding breakfast and can be dimmed later in the day to provide the perfect light level for the evening.
At Bix Manor festoons work best installed in a crossed strands design, where the lights are swagged from point to point to create a series of crosses between the beams.
Particularly well suited to Bix Manor are our tiered crystal, 15-arm crystal (shown here), or white/ivory chandeliers.
For the full range of options, please see our main chandelier page here.
The bulbs come in mixed sizes, shapes and filament styles and are hung at randomly varying heights to create a truly unique display. The bulbs are of course fully dimmable and give a lovely warm, golden light.
LED uplighters are a flexible way to fill in light around the edges of the barn, add touches of colour, or both. In the evening they can optionally be made to change through a synchronised sequence of colours to complement band or DJ lighting.
Our uplighters can be supplied with an easy-to-use controller which enables you to choose different settings for the different parts of the day, transforming the mood of the room at the touch of a button.
For example you could choose:
- Day : a sophisticated gold to complement fairy lights and create an intimate atmosphere for dining.
- Early evening / first dance : a colour of choice to work with the wedding colour scheme.
- Dancing : gradual colour changing for a full-room effect.
To complement our lighting services we can also supply the following extras at Bix Manor:
- Mirror ball - suspended overhead for that authentic disco look!
- Disco lights - beam mounted or on stands for a DIY disco.
- Disco PA system - powerful speakers with connection for your own music source e.g. phone or tablet.
- Speech / background music PA system - a discreet PA system with microphone and music input. Suitable for speeches and playing your own background music.
- Outdoor lighting - a set of wireless outdoor uplighters to highlight the front wall and doors of the barn.
We have built up a lot of experience installing lighting at Bix Manor so we're able to install large scale displays quickly and efficiently while causing the minimum disruption.
All lighting installations, particularly those that involve overhead lighting, have stringent safety requirements which must be met to ensure the safety of you and your guests. All of our installations are designed with safety in mind, using only high quality professional equipment which is regularly inspected and maintained.
We hold relevant public liability insurance (PLI), portable appliance testing (PAT), electrical safety and working at height certification.
Find Out More
The images on this page show some examples of our previous work at Bix Manor. For lots more images of our work, see our Bix Manor Pinterest board.
To discuss lighting options and ideas for your wedding at Bix Manor, please contact us here.